Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Can you take Norethisterone during a Microgynon 30 Pill break?

A message from my girlfriend:

I'm currently taking the contraceptive pill Microgynon 30. I'm wondering if it is safe to take norethisterone (three 5mg a day) on my pill free break and if not, why?.. And will this mess with my cycle?

I have tried running pill packs together to delay my period in the past which did not work, I got break through bleeding and cramping. I will be using alternative birth control during this week. Any answers would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Please please please can someone answer this as this is the ninth website we have tried haha!
Hi there,
Why do you want to take norethisterone on your pill free break? If you have been taking your pills regularly and in same time everyday you are protected against pregnancy during your pill free period also. Taking hormonal pills can cause hormonal imbalances and fluctuations. It is suggested to consult a gynecologist before switching on to other methods of contraception. A clinical examination and evaluation may be necessary before opting for any birth control method. I hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and kind regards!