Copper IUD side effects

I had a copper iud put in a little over a year ago after my second child.  I experienced the side effects I was told could happen, worse cramps and heavier bleeding.  I am fine with these because my choice for birth control is very limited because I get blood clots and cannot take the pill.  

However, I am wondering if anyone has experienced a decrease in thier sex drive becasue of it.  I am only 29 years old, married to a very wonderful and attractive man, but honestly I could care less about sex.  I have been this way ever since I had my last child, which is also when i got the iud.  I just assumed it was because I had children and was so busy with them (I have a 2 1/2 year old and one that is almost 1 1/2).  I am starting to think it could also have something to do with the iud.  

I am considering getting it removed to see if this changes anything.  If anyone has experienced anything similiar to this I would appreciate any feedback.

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I have the same problem with mine. Since I have it inserted, my sexdrive has decreased, and I have yeast infection all the time.

I'm planning to talk to my doctor, and have it removed as soon as possible.

sit
This year, I am having depression issues...real ones. Now I just had my Copper IUD inserted in august and these symptoms are increasing. I am journaling the week before my menstrual period I get really anxious and depressed. I am seeing a psych, but now I am wondering if it the IUD??? hmm - This was my last call, becasue everything else I have had a terrible response to. Thanks..please let meknow
I am sure deppression and IUD are linked.In fact, look at all of the depressed women in tour 'developed'world today. I do not know about you, but I definitely believe that IUD's not only cause depresion, but since I have put mine in ?mona lisa' my orgasms are not at all what they used to be. Its like i get to a certain level, than I canot go  further. As time passes by I became more and frustated. No wonder I get so depressed. Its not normal. Not to mention that one of my breasts is always aching. I will take mine out this week. There is something truely fishy about all of this.
I had a copper IUD, I definitely experienced cramps, heavy bleading during my menstrual period, acne problem & i've seen a difference with my attitude too. Im always tired and always moody. Im considering of just taking birth control pills an dget rid of this IUD.
i got a copper one inserted 3 weeks ago, its the first time i have had the coil, my baby is 4 months old. i was due my period 7 days ago and im paranoid im pregnant!! which is my idea of hell at the moment, has this happened to any one or is this normal????  i wasnt told my periods would be irregular.
Finally, somone going through the same thing i am, I am 100% sure that all of this is from the IUD, i got the copper IUD when my son was 3 weeks old.... i am a completely different person, i hate myself most of the time, i cant raise my kids right and i am so not interested in sex anymore.... I used to be so  exited about sex, life, my kids, and now my world has seemed to just STOP... i have been fighting with my husband to remove it and we are going to remove it in a few weeks, i am so exited although i dont know what i will do not to get pregnant.... i will never get ANY IUD again... i have had the worst year of my life i am only 21 and my son is13 months.
thanks for all your comments they have helped so much...

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.