Copper IUD side effects

I had a copper iud put in a little over a year ago after my second child.  I experienced the side effects I was told could happen, worse cramps and heavier bleeding.  I am fine with these because my choice for birth control is very limited because I get blood clots and cannot take the pill.  

However, I am wondering if anyone has experienced a decrease in thier sex drive becasue of it.  I am only 29 years old, married to a very wonderful and attractive man, but honestly I could care less about sex.  I have been this way ever since I had my last child, which is also when i got the iud.  I just assumed it was because I had children and was so busy with them (I have a 2 1/2 year old and one that is almost 1 1/2).  I am starting to think it could also have something to do with the iud.  

I am considering getting it removed to see if this changes anything.  If anyone has experienced anything similiar to this I would appreciate any feedback.

Other than the heavier cycles and cramps, I really don't have other side effects. I have had it for about 7 months now and the cycles are becoming gradually lighter. The cramps are sometimes unreal, though! They pass quickly, but goodness, are they rough. I do notice that I spot for a week or so after my cycle. It's all totally worth it to me, though. I would much rather deal with this than have all the hormones in me. I didn't realize how much the Pill was affecting my moods until I got off of them. I was never really moody or suffered from PMS, but I noticed a change when I got off the Pill.
Hi, I am a 29 year old, wife, medical student and a mother of a 1year old, I have had the IUD inserted about 5 months ago, and lately I have been depressed and have arousal problmes, for the first few months sex was great, it was just the heavy bleeding that lasts fuive days. lately I have had some discomfort and I can't seem to be aroused, no matter how much I would want to have sex, is it the IUD or am I just stressed?
my women has had it 4 a year now, and all the things i hearing on here its her crazy moods, attitube, cramp, periods are u kinding none but spots we need more awareness to this depression, this iud is not from god so i guess that sums it up! peace
I'm 19, have 2 kids, the last one is only 2 months old. I got the copper IUD put in at my 6 week postpartum check-up. my sex drive has gone up but at the same time, my ability to achieve orgasms has significantly gone down. maybe that's why my sex drive has increased, because i can never satisfy myself anymore, not having orgasms. My husband and i always had a great sex life, never had problems satisfying eachother. Now i always find myself in the middle of the act and not enjoying it, not feeling anything! this in result has started to depress me. I dont think the lack of sexual sensation is due to my kids. i'm a stay-at-home mom and i dont feel they stress me out enough to affect my sexual drive (at least not yet). help!!
also, id like to hear from anyone who has used the copper IUD and had kids after using it... were there any complications in those pregnancies or birth defects?

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.