Birth Control (Contraception) Community

DEPO Injections...

So i have been on the depo for the last 10 years, after having an Autistic child i decided one was enough and the depo was a perfect solution, no periods! Woohoo! Hmmmm Well :/ A friend of mine had lots of Gyne' issues going on and  Endometriosis was mentioned, i hadn't heard of this before so i took it upon myself to find out what it was and after looking into all the various symptoms, it sounded so much like me 10 years previously, so i decided it was time to come off the depo and see what my periods would be like 10 years on....so, here i am.....4 months after my last Depo, still waiting (and dreading) for my 1st period.... In the mean time im going to make a doctors appointment and try and get myself checked out for Endometriosis.....but after reading everybody's posts, it looks like im in for a loooong wait! x
Depo-Provera is a long-acting progestin (hormone) form of birth control. If you stop getting Depo-Provera injections, your period usually returns within 3 to 10 months but sometimes it may take 12-18 mths.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.