Birth Control (Contraception) Community

DEPO PROVERA ISSUE.

A LITTLE OVER 3 YEARS AGO I GOT THE DEPO PROVERA SHOT. I ONLY GOT IT ONCE BECAUSE IN THE 3 MONTHS AFTER I GOT IT I GAINED OVER 70 LBS. I IMMEDIATELY NOTICED THE WEIGHT GAIN AND STARTED BEING EVEN MORE ACTIVE AND EATING BETTER. BEFORE THE DEPO SHOT I WALKED 6 MILES A DAY AND DID CALISTHENICS EVERY MORNING AND NIGHT. I GAINED EVEN MORE WEIGHT AFTER THAT 3 MONTH PERIOD AND NOW AT 250 LBS., OVER 100 LBS. MORE THAN I WAS BEFORE THE DEPO SHOT, DOING ANYTHING APART FROM GOING TO THE BATHROOM PUTS ME IN SEVERE PAIN AS I HAVE SEVERE OSTEOARTHRITIS AND NO CARTILEGE IN MY HIPS. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND SHE BELIEVED ME TO HAVE A HORMONE IMBALANCE AS A RESULT OF THE DEPO SHOT. MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY URGE ME TO WORK OUT THROUGH THE PAIN EVEN AS PAINFUL AS IT IS. AT 28 YEARS OLD I FEEL I'M WAY TOO YOUNG FOR THIS MANY HEALTH PROBLEMS. IS EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN AND A HORMONE IMBALANCE A SYMPTOM OF THE DEPO PROVERA SHOT? IF SO, WHAT COULD I DO TO CHANGE MY SITUATION?
Hi there, the answer is yes, I was on it for 9 months some years back. I gain 35 pounds, It took a whole year to completely out of my system. It does a number on your bones that's why doctor's don't won't you to stay on it to long because it causes bone loss. Even though you wasn't on it but 3 months. You where probably already predisposed to bone loss before taking it. Try to take calcium vitamins. It would be out of your system soon, as far as the weight loss it can take awhile. My friend was on it also,it took her years to get the weight off. She was on it for 3 months also, hope this help.
I GAINED OVER 100 LBS, 72 IN THE 3 MONTHS AFTER GETTING THE SHOT. FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T LOSE THE WEIGHT AND MY DOC THINKS IT'S CUZ THE **** CAUSED A SEVERE HORMONAL IMBALANCE THAT WON'T ALLOW ME TO LOSE THE EXTRA WEIGHT WITHOUT TREATMENT.