Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo Provera Problems.

I'm 17, and recently became sexually active. I decided to go on depo to protect myself from pregnancy. I got it on Nov 4 2011, I experienced no symptoms until Dec 6 2011. I started spotting, at first it didn't even require a pad or tampon. It gradually increased and stopped occasionaly for a day or two, I gained 10 pounds and started getting horrible headaches, right leg pains, loss of appetite, painful intercourse(before the bleeding), and mood swings. Now the blood is regular period blood. I'm almost 2 months in and the pain is horrible, the doctor said they couldn't do anything for the pain and to consider the pill instead of my next shot(late Jan-early Feb) I'm scared something is seriously wrong, please respond, thank you.
the depo uses a different way of doing the hormones. it can cause the weight gain and headaches for sure. If you can tough it out to the next dose the depo usually balances out and you won't have as much trouble.
As far as the weight gain goes. well that is something you will face with almost every birth control hormones.