Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo-Provera Side Effects?

Hello everyone,

I've been looking into differetn birth control options so that I can go to my doctor slightly more informed. While I would consider taking oral contraceptives I find I have a very hard time with taking pills regularly. (It's a psychological thing...suffice to say I don't like taking pills.) I've been looking more into the injectable forms of birth control (i.e. depo provera) and it seems like it might be a good alternative for me.

For those of you who use this method what have been your experiences? I've read online about side effects including irregular bleeding and weight gain, but I've also read the injections can help regulate menstruation and even stop it all together.

I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer.
On a side note...I just read that regular use of the injection may lead to decreased risk of iron deficiency anemia (something I have suffered from most of my life.) So...bonus?