Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo-Provera

I've had protected sex with condoms not even a week ago. I'm planning on getting the Depo shot this Friday, the 18th of March, and I'm a bit of worry wort. I was wondering, with the slight chance of me being pregnant, if I got the shot not even a week after "conception". Would it spontaneously abort? Would it hurt me? Would it keep the baby but give it birth defects? I'm not really sure and I would like my question answered because I am very worried. We used the condoms properly, no breaks or slippage. So, I highly doubt I am pregnant. My period should be due tomorrow or Friday (the day I get the shot). But I'm worried that my period won't come by Friday to prove to me that I am not pregnant. Does having sex for the first time throw off your menstrual cycle, maybe?
Please answer ASAP! Thanks!
Before you can get on the depo shot you have to take a pregnant test and a test to make sure that you have no diseases before. Then if your clear of everything then your next appointment you will be able to take the shot.
u dont have 2 take a test 2 check 4 stds b4 u get the shot the only thing u have 2 take is a pregnancy test an be on ur period. an u will take a pregnancy test every time u go in 4 ur shot 2 make sure that ur not pregnant