Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo-Provera

I just got a shot of depo-provera birth control 3 days ago and my period was supposed to start yesterday and it hasn't. I am sexually active and the last time I had sex was on my period last month and we used condoms but I wasn't on birth control and my partner did not go all the way. I just went to the GYN and got my annual pelvic exam and my first shot of depo and so far everything has been okay. However, once I didn't get my period I started to worry and I took a pregnancy test just in case and it did come out negative. But I'm still freaking out since I am only 18 and really do not want to be pregnant. So is it normal to be late for your period after getting the shot? or should I take another test? Thanks.
hi im 21 and im also on the depo shot for 2 years and its normal not to get your period after u get the shot I don't get my period at all except for spotting and u will get a brown discharge but that's all normal so I wouldn't worry about it