Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo Provera

Hi, I've been on depo provera for a about three years. I'm usually extremely careful and I usually always use condoms. The other day my boyfriend and I decided not to, at the spur-of-the-moment. I wonder, should I be safe to not use them? I mean, I really don't want to get pregnant, but the odds are so low, that I should be safe, right?
I think it depends on how soon your next shot is due. But for the most part, it's supposed to be effective to use without condoms.  However, I would say that if you want to have extra protection then you need to use condoms each time. If you don't want to risk pregnancy then it's important to use backup in the form of condoms.