Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

Depo Provera

Hi, I've been on depo provera for a about three years. I'm usually extremely careful and I usually always use condoms. The other day my boyfriend and I decided not to, at the spur-of-the-moment. I wonder, should I be safe to not use them? I mean, I really don't want to get pregnant, but the odds are so low, that I should be safe, right?
1 Responses
I think it depends on how soon your next shot is due. But for the most part, it's supposed to be effective to use without condoms.  However, I would say that if you want to have extra protection then you need to use condoms each time. If you don't want to risk pregnancy then it's important to use backup in the form of condoms.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.