Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo and birth defects

I got my depo on 10/18 and they did a pregnancy test before hand and it came back neg. I started having pregnancy symptoms on 11/20 I went to plan parenthood omn 11/25 and they said I am preg. Is there anything proven to say that while being on the depo and being preg will cause birth defects?
Hello there,
It is unusual to get pregnant while taking Depo-Provera regularly, but pregnancies might occur before the shot is given and may go unrecognized . Depo-Provera should not be used during pregnancy.In women being exposed to Depo vera in early pregnancy there is  little or no increased risk of birth defects .You may need regular follow ups and monitoring .Discuss it with your doctor. She knows your medical records best. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best regards!