Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Depo shot

Ok,So i got the depo shot about 2.5 weeks prior to my period i havent started my period yet but the day i was suposed to start it me and my boyfriend had sex,it was painful when he tried to put it in.Could the depo shot cause this pain.? Plz help .confused =?
Hmm its common you dnt get your period on the depo provera  because somee might experience spotting or light period or no period at all ...you will be fine dont be scared and pain may be just from the sex not the shot..is this your first time using depo?
Whether you can have pregnancy or not depends on when did you start the depo shots. The first injection should be given in the first five days of a normal menstrual cycle (day one is the first day of your period). This will protect you from pregnancy immediately. But if you start on some other day, you will need to use additional contraception, eg condoms for the first seven days after having the injection. If you do not use any additional contraception then you may get pregnant.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thank yuhh i got over the wholee thing i was just a bit parnoid bt i followed the step i waited a week to have unprotected sex i was jus worried cuz i had it on the 7th day...... can yuh elaboratee more on depo shotss & all possiblee symptomss ?? i recently had brown stuffcome out today& tiny cramps its been 2 months nw on depo cud it be spotting?