Did Plan B do its job?

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex one night around 3 A.M. I know, very careless, but it happened. He says he pulled out soon enough but I couldnt tell if he was lying or not because he didn't want to worry me. Well I was worried so I took Plan B around the afternoon that same day, so about 10-12 hours after unprotected sex, I'm not quite sure. Plan B is supposed to be 95% effective if taken within 24 hours, but what about 12 hours? It HAD to have worked, right? About a week after taking it, my period came (too early but I already knew this was a side effect of PlanB). Then about 2 1/2 weeks later I got this brown discharged that only lasted 2 days. It was very light, I only had to wear a panti-liner instead of a pad or tampon. It's been almost a month and I still haven't gotten my period. Was that brown discharge considered a period? I've read about many instances similar to mine where girls/women took Plan B, received their period early (along with brown discharge), and then their second period late. They all took pregnancy tests which were all negative. So I'm thinking since what I'm going through is so common among others who have taken it, this must just be completely normal after taking the pill? Somebody please help me, I'm paranoid. I just need reassurance.
I think your fine, the same thing has happened to me once before...Im pretty sure ur fine!!
I got my period!

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community