Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Getting pregnant on the pill

I will be soon removing my mirena coil to go back on the pill since my mirena has caused me lots of unnecessary issues.

Now my question is if it is true that if you have sex with nothing other than the pill in the first month if you really can get pregnant. I wasn't going to have sex for a week anyway because my partner and I don't like condoms, but a month is a long time. I read it on google but are there actually people who got pregnant because they had sex in the first month without any other protection?
I believe it depends on your specific pill as to how long you'll need to use backup. I would ask your pharmacist or doctor for the specific instructions for your prescription.