Green vaginal discharge after starting pill
I began taking the pill about 2 months ago, together with metformin, to treat PCOS. I noticed 2-3 weeks after I began the pill that I had heavier vaginal discharge that was light green in colour. It was thicker than usual (creamy green) but there was no itching or burning. A slight smell when I lean in close (I'm not sure whether I can call it fishy...).

It went away after I stopped the pill for my period, but a few days after I began the pill again for my second month, it came back. Now, it doesn't happen everyday, discharge has generally decreased in amount, and is sometimes transparent (with a greenish tinge) rather than creamy. Smell is still there, but again, no itching/burning. Oh and I have not had sex before.

I will be seeing my gynae in around 2 weeks time. Should I be worried and call for an appointment earlier? Any idea whether this is an infection or could just be a side-effect of taking the pill? Thanks!  

Green and yellow are signs of infection in any other bodily fluid.  I would get swabbed at your doctor's earlier than two weeks just in case it is infection.  Infections in that area can do some pretty bad things over time.

I would not say green discharge is a side effect of the pill.
All right, thanks! I'm meeting my doc next week cos that's the earliest she's free.
To update what happened: My gynae did see the yellowish/greenish discharge, did a swab test and the results for vaginal infection and yeast etc came back negative. She gave me diflucan to take anyway, one tablet once a week for three weeks. However, the discharge still came back. :/ No itching, no rash, no pain, no discomfort, just the discharge. It goes away while my period comes, and stays away even when my period reduces to just spotting. But within a few days of starting on the new cycle of pills, it pops up again. I'm gonna monitor it for a while again and see my gynae again if needed. Hope this is helpful to anyone reading! Will try to update again if I find out the cause.
I have a similar situation... Green discharge although anti biotics didn't help and the gyno now tells me I look "perfectly healthy" but I STILL have the green discharge. What ended up happening?