Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Heartburn as a side effect??

Hello....I had been orthotricylen lo for a few years (until i started to have breakthrough bleeding), and was switched to Yasmin 8 days ago. I know there are potential side effects of nausea/upset stomach, but is it possible to get severe heartburn/acid reflux from this pill? I have never had any problems in the past with other BCPs, or ever had any heartburn. Any ideas?  

Thanks!!
not only is it possible, but you can have gallbladder problems like i did... i found out after being on ortho tri cyclen lo for 2 years that i had a bad gallbladder and it could be due to the bc pills... best thing to do is go to the pharmacy and ask for the leaflet they keep in the boxes of pills.. it gives you more information