Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Heavy bleeding while using nuvaring

I just had a baby October 17 and I was put on the nuvaring and in out it in on December 7  on the first day of my cycle  and 3 days before I was supposed to remove the ring I started bleeding pretty heavy and when I took my ring out on December 28 a large clot came out as well it was fleshy looking as well. And I am still bleeding heavy, I have to use a pad along with a tampon because I leak if I don't. I put the new ring in today in hopes that the bleeding will slow or stop. Also I have been cramping more than I normally do. I was just wondering if that was something that was normal with starting that type of contraception or if it something that I should contact my ob for.
     Thanks!
A clinical examination is necessary for accurate diagnosis and management. Few women may have unexpected vaginal bleeding like spotting or breakthrough bleeding between your periods may occur. While using sanitary protection it is advised to continue using the ring as normal. If the irregular bleeding continues becomes heavy or starts again it is best to tell your doctor. She may be able to advise better after knowing a detailed history and clinical examination.
Best luck and regards!