Birth Control (Contraception) Community

How can I delay my period?

Hello, I am going on vacation and I would like to delay my period until I get back. I am not currently on birth control, but I am not leaving for another month. Would starting birth control for one month be enough to skip my period? I have also heard of people using Aygestin to delay periods. Is effective? If so, what is the typical dosage?
I doubt any physician would prescribe you a medication to simply delay your cycle because it falls during an inconvenient time. Be aware, these medications are not magic pills--they could have side effects that could be much worse than dealing with tampons and PMS. Please understand that these medications you are referencing are serious hormones, there is a reason they are not available for OTC purchases. You cannot begin hormone treatments and prescription treatments on a whim because your body's biological functions are arriving during your vacation. Besides birth controls do not guarantee no period, each person can vary. You should speak to your dr, he is the ultimate decision maker, not people in an online forum.
Here is a list of side effects:
nausea,
vomiting,
bloating,
stomach cramps,
headache,
dizziness,
mood swings,
trouble sleeping,
weight gain/loss,
increased acne,
breast pain/swelling/tenderness,
changes in sexual interest,
increased hair growth,
hair loss,
freckles or darkening of facial skin,
vaginal itching or discharge,
skin itching or rash,