Birth Control (Contraception) Community

IUD and no period..

Hi im a 22 yr old mother of two beautiful girls ages 3 and 1. Tomorrow will be one year that i have had my IUD. When i first had it put in i cramped and spotted which they said was normal. About a month later i had heavy bleeding that lasted about 3 weeks then stopped for a week and started again. This went on for a few months then it started to look like i was having normal periods. Then for august and september of this year it was on time but thick and brown. Now my periods have stopped all together! I am wondering if it is normal for women who have IUDs to stop having periods and if its okay. I appreciate any and all advice i can get on this topic! And thank you for taking the time to read my question :)!
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods).Various factors causing it are endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, IUD’s, hormone imbalance, endometrial hyperplasia, polyps, sexually transmitted diseases, PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus. You’ll need tests like an USG of the uterus and pelvis and possibly an endometrial biopsy along with hormone levels assessment to ascertain the cause of the same.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Wow i was kinda hoping it wasn't anything to be too worried about!! But as it sounds like it is I am going to try to set up an appointment with my doctor as soon as possible!! Thank you so much for your help!!