Birth Control (Contraception) Community

IUD: has

I've had my paragard iud in for about two or three years. It's always bothered me because sometimes sex hurts and sometimes I feel pain randomly through the day where it is. I sucked it up this long because I wasn't ready for another baby, but here I am...thinking I'm pregnant. I've had friends get pregnant on this thing so I don't doubt it's failed me. My fiance and I are somewhat excited because we were going to try for baby number two in 2018.
Is it dangerous to keep this thing in any longer? If Im pregnant I'm not far along at all,  I would have conceived the beginning of October.  Has anyone else had problems with the iud?