IUD problems? Please help.

I've had iud (Mirena) for about 2 years now and ever since i got the mirena my periods came in every 3 months light brown spotting for like 2-3 days...Lately my periods have been coming in every month for the past three months., this month it has been somewhat of heavy bleeding and tissue waste. Im concerned...my breast are growing and ive been having lower right back pain and abdominal cramping. I dont know if its just me or if this is normal...im 18 and worried. I have set a doctors appointment but not being seen till next week-_-
Please help me!
do you have a baby? i hate when doctors give the iud to woman that dont have children because it can ruin your chances later on. THE iud can make your period go away or become very heavy. i dont have the mirena i have the copper iud
No i dont have children but the reason why i got it was because i got pregnant at 16 and lost it but didnt want to go throught with that anytime soon again. Im worried of ectopic pregnancy...but idk if im just putting it on my head now:/

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community