Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.44k Members

IUD removed - help

I had my paragard IUD for 5 years.. decided to get it out because I was spotting everyday - it would vary between brown, red, light, heavy, etc. but everyday. I also had some cramping on and off. I wanted an ultrasound or something first because I was afraid it had perforated something, but the obgyn assured me she'd be able to tell. I was getting a pap at the same time and she didn't even warn me she was pulling it out.. It was incredibly painful, much worse than insertion. I had extreme cramping and pain after it was out for about 10 minutes, nearly blacked out (I come close to blacking out after giving blood, and also when I got in inserted). Now I had been experiencing stabbing pains and cramping for the past 14 hours. I can't find anything about paraguard removal except that it's "less painful" than insertion. Can anyone point me to something or offer an explanation? Thank you
1 Responses
*have been* experiencing rather
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.