Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Inserted Nuvaring late, take it out in three weeks or normal?

Usually I insert the ring ontime and take it out on time, 3 weeks on one week off for the period. This time however, I removed it at the correct time but my pharmacy was out of stock of the ring so I got one three days later and the pharmacist told me that it wouldn’t effect my cycle and to put it in that day so I did and I took it out when I usually would have taken it out if I hadn’t of been late but my periods usually start within three days of taking it out and it’s been three days and I’m freaking out. Did I do the right thing?