Is Plan B not effective if you take it 4 days before ovulation?

I had sex with my partner and the condom broke on Sept 19. I took Plan B within 12 hours, on Sept 20. According to my period tracking app, my ovulation would begin on Sept 25. This means I took Plan B four days before ovulation. On Sept 25, I started spotting. The next day, I started bleeding as if I’d had a normal period. Today (Sept 27) is day 2 of heavier/normal period-type bleeding. Is there a chance I could be pregnant, given that I took Plan B 4 days before ovulation? I’m worried the spitting/bleeding on the day of my ovulation means it could be implantation bleeding? Please help, this has never happened to me before and I’m really scared.
Plan B will work most likely if you take it within 72 hours after the incident (of broken condom in this case).  Ovulation time doesn't matter, it's more taking it after the episode that worries you.  It's a huge dose of hormones that upsets the balance, thus how it prevents pregnancy from occurring.  Please remember that then you have the hormones to deal with after so periods can be irregular for 2 to 3 months after plan B and that is normal.  

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community