Is bleeding for 2 months, heavily, a normal thing?

I am 25 years old, and I started my period when I was 11. It was NEVER regular, and ALWAYS heavy...but it seems like it has only gotten worse over the years.

Sometimes I skip months between periods, and sometimes I only have it for 3 days, but usually it's at least 7-9 days. It can go up to 14 days pretty often, with 2 or 3 days of no bleeding in between.

I've been on my period since July 7th. It's September 8th.

I am EXHAUSTED. I have cramps, like you would expect from a period, but sometimes they do wrap around to my back. The flow is heavy, and really clotty, all the time.

One Doctor told me I had PCOS- but he based this on my weight/body shape. Those were his own words. He put me on a birth control pill that did not stop the bleeding. Instead it caused 24/7 spotting, and one week of heavy bleeding.

New Doctor did a pelvic exam, pap smear, blood test, AND an ultrasound. He says he didn't find anything abnormal.

Does that mean I'm just royally screwed, but perfectly normal?? Is there ANYTHING I can do? I am just so tired.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community