Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Is the bleeding I'm experiencing on my Nexplanon normal?

I just had the Nexplanon implant put in at the end of October (the 26th). I know with the first 3-6 months there can be irregular periods and bleeding/spotting but I just wanted to make sure mine was normal and at what point should I get it looked it if it continues like this
I've had the implant since April of 2015 and I had a few spotting days...not much. But this past week I've had like a normal heavy period. When I looked it up and called doc to ask about it, I found out that spotting or occasional periods are normal. I've been bleeding for a week tho...but it's getting lighter and lighter like the end of a period does. I think you're ok. If you feel like really bad cramping or the bleeding is abnormal or starts to become heavy I would call the doc or provider. I did just have a pap smear that came back normal so i dont think theres anything wrong with the spotting or occasional bleeding. Hope this helps.