Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Is there a right or wrong way to stop?

I'd like to know if there is a right or wrong way to stop taking the pill?? I'm on Yasmin. I don't want to stop taking the pill b/c I wanna have a baby...I just want to stop to get off it. I'm 26 and I've been on BC for 8 years. So my question is: Is there a right way to go about going off the pill??
I'm doing the same thing. Been on the pill since I was about 16. I'm 32. Just want to be free of synthetic hormones. Husband and I have talked about getting pregnant next year (maybe), but like you, I don't want to get pregnant now. I'd be interested in other people's experiences about going off the pill. We are going to use 'the sponge' for now. I had to mail order them from the manufacturer.
So far, I feel fine. Just trying to be really conscious of when I might be ovulating.