Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Mesigyna instayect Shot birth control questions

Hey guys, my girlfriend recently got the Mesigyna instayect shot. She got it 10 days after her last period and we plan to be sexually active in the next 7 days. Some questions I have:
1. If we only have sex for 10 days, would she need to take it again for the following months? or is it just for the duration of time when the woman is active?
2. She got it 10 days after her last period; however, online sources say that it should be done within 5 days of the most recent period. Is this a problem?
3. Is there any other information that I should be aware of?
~Thanks for all replies!

Bump
Sorry no one has answered you. I'm not familiar with that birth control. I'm familiar with depo provera but not this one.  I think that your questions should be addressed to her doctor, who would be the best person to answer these questions, since the doctor is the one who gave her the shot. Tell her to call her doctor or to speak with a nurse at her doctor's office for help.