Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Mirena removed no menstrual

Alright so I am having some issues January 2012 i had the mirena inserted and had a lot of cramping throughout the entire time having it in. My husband and I decided to try and concieve in November 2012 so i had the mirena removed 11/16/12 3 days later i had a menstraul and it lasted a week longer than normal for me. But in december i had nothing same for january and february with negitive pregnancy tests so i went to the doctor and was given provera to take for 7 days. one week after finishing the provera i got my menstrual finally and i thought i ovulated on 3/7/13 but now i am 18 days past ovulation and the test are negitive :( and there is no sign of my menstraul. So what my question is: Would the mirena being removed cause these issues? I am desprite and my doctor wasnt very imformative and was insistant the the mirena did not cause my problems.
Amenorrhea during and after using Mirena IUD is a side effect of this contraceptive. According to an estimate nearly 23.9% women were having this side effect after using Mirena. However if there is a history of any unprotected intercourse then pregnancy should be ruled out.

To be absolutely clear about the status of your pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.