Birth Control (Contraception) Forum

Missed Birth Control Pills

I missed 7 days (all of white active pills).. I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for almost 4 yrs now and lately I've debating on wanting another child and been lazy on taking my pills (probably cause I intend to want to get preggy) Anyway,July 12 was my 1st day of my last period and I never take the green/reminder pills which are the 7 pills of the pack.. Supposed to start a new pack on the 15 of July but didn't take any til this past Sunday July 21st.. I know you'd probably think that I'm crazy why I decided to start taking them again when I actually don't mind getting pregnany at all... Well,I'm probably crazy and can't made up my mind.. Please don't judge :( Been having unprotected sex during those days that I didn't took my pills and now,I've been urinating more than usual...Can that be an early symptoms of pregnancy or too early to detec?Also,if I continue taking my pills and find out later that I'm pregnant,will my baby safe?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you can do a pregnancy test about cycle day 23 at the earliest (that would be about 23 days after the first day of your menstrual period, or last white pill of the previous pack.  There haven't been any birth defects associated with taking oral contraceptive pills while pregnant, although it is not recommended, of course.  IF you are at risk for pregnancy you should be taking a prenatal vitamin or other supplement with folic acid to prevent the risk of birth defects such as spina bifida.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thanks,Dr. B :) So,what are my chances that I could be pregnant? Yesterday,I was experiencing a sort of UTI,I peed alot and kinda bit uncomfy on the last drop of pee but it's nothing that I can't tolerate.Don't have other symptoms like fever and such... I keep drinking alot of water/fluids and as of this morning,I don't feel any uncomfort when I pee :)