Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Missed Deop-Provera injection

I have missed my Depo-Provera injection for seventeen days. I was put on Depo for ovarian cyst I form around the time I ovulate. ( I've been on it for three years.) When it wouls be close to my next injection, I could sometimes feel the cyst pop. I haven't gotten that yet and I haven't even spotted. (witch I do often.) I am sexual active. Do I have to wait to get my period until I am able to get my shot? Could I be pregnant? My birth control office is closed, along with my regular doctor. Up until now I was working for a week in Chicago. So, I couldn't get it and I din't realize it until I had left. Will someone please help me out here?
Hi there!

It is not necessary to wait for periods to get the next shot. A delay by 17 days is unlikely to result in pregnancy though the possibility cannot be ruled out.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!