Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Missed menstrual cycles

At 46 years of age with a tubal ligation/cauterization, why would I have skipped 2 month of my menstrual cycle?  I hear stress can be a factor and I have been under more stress than normal.  I have also heard that pregnancy can occur even with tubes tied.
Anything can happen. So if you've missed your period for two months already, go get a pregnancy test. I wouldn't wait if I were you,I'd go get a test right now cause you need to know.
It could be perimenopause causing irregularity.  
Maybe its menopause
So? Did you take a pregnancy test? That would have been my first move if I was in your shoes. Tubal or not, stranger things have happened. And although it's not very likely, I think it's important to at least rule it out by taking a test.
I had an Ultrasound done.  It showed several cysts on both ovaries.  She said the lining in the uterus was thick which meant either premenopause or that my period would be starting in a few day.
Aha, then that would be what was causing your symptoms!  I'm glad you got it checked out. That's the kind of thing that you need to get checked out.