Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Missed pill

I was on a bc pill for 2 months but was having some side effects. SO started on Tri-Sprintec this week. I missed a pill yesterday, which would have been my 6 pill and I had unprotected sex. I took the missed pill couple hours after but I am wondering if I should take the Plan B pill as well. Since intercourse, I've been having cramping on my left side. Please help!!
No you don't need plan b if you just took your pill late. Set the alarm on your phone to go off to remind you daily and you won't forget.

Plan b was never meant to be taken by people who are already on the pill. It's meant for people who are not on any type of birth control and have a condom break. Taking a triple dose of hormones in the plan b on top of your already dose of birth control pills is dangerous and could cause serious side effects from hormone overdose. It is not advised to ever use plan b when you are already on another hormonal birth control method.