A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.45k Members

Missed pill

Hi,
I was on a bc pill for 2 months but was having some side effects. SO started on Tri-Sprintec this week. I missed a pill yesterday, which would have been my 6 pill and I had unprotected sex. I took the missed pill couple hours after but I am wondering if I should take the Plan B pill as well. Since intercourse, I've been having cramping on my left side. Please help!!
1 Responses
No you don't need plan b if you just took your pill late. Set the alarm on your phone to go off to remind you daily and you won't forget.

Plan b was never meant to be taken by people who are already on the pill. It's meant for people who are not on any type of birth control and have a condom break. Taking a triple dose of hormones in the plan b on top of your already dose of birth control pills is dangerous and could cause serious side effects from hormone overdose. It is not advised to ever use plan b when you are already on another hormonal birth control method.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.