Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.45k Members

Missed pills. Spotting and light bleeding. Pregnant?

Please don't judge me. I'm not scared about getting pregnant. But just want someone's opinion. So here's the story: Been taking Diane 35 for 3 years now. My 15th pill was supposed to be taken on a Saturday (March 14). Forgot and had sex. Sunday... I took only one because I didn't realize I missed it. Monday, saw it and didn't know what to do. I decided to ditch it altogether and waited for bleeding. Didn't think I'd see him the weekend after. We met again Friday (March 20). Before having sex, I had slight bleeding. Didn't wanna have sex while bleeding, so I took 2 pills. And one on Saturday and another one on Sunday. The whole time I was spotting. And he ejaculates inside me every time. It's now a Friday and I'm still bleeding lightly. I took an HPT last Wednesday and it was negative. Need your thoughts if I could be pregnant. I'm ready if ever, but just wanna know the possibility?
1 Responses
Here's the thing, whenever you start messing around with the dosing of the pill, it will always result in some kind of weird bleeding or spotting, or in some cases it might cause a missed period. It all depends on the person.

That being said, what you should have done on Monday is just keep taking your pills as normal instead of ditching it all together, particularly since you're having unprotected sex and he's finishing inside you every time. It's possible you could get pregnant if you stopped taking it and didn't use any protection after Monday.  All you can really do at this point is wait and see what happens with your next period next month.

If it happens again that you missed a pill and realized it too late, just keep taking your pill as usual because missing one out of the entire pack isn't going to make that big of a difference. But stopping your pill entirely was not the right move and could've possibly lead to you getting pregnant if you kept having unprotected sex afterwards and didn't start using something else for protection.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.