Nexplanon and Estradiol

I've had the nexplanon implant for about 2 1/2 years. I have always had irregular,long and heavy periods. In the beginning with the nexplanon I might not get a P for months. Then I would and it would last two weeks but then I wouldn't get it again for two months. The last six months I started getting my P every month for 3 weeks! My doc first prescribed me an estrogen (Estradiol) pill and told me to take it when my P was longer then 10 days. Well that didn't work. Two months ago he put me on the patch. A new patch every week. It worked the first month and I got no period at all (which is what he told me would happen) now I'm starting to bleed again. I'm so frustrated and I'm worried that it's gonna be another month long period. I don't know if I should just ask to get it out now? Or what birth control to use next? I have tried the iud and I can't do that again. Don't remember to take the pill..
Has anybody ever had this bleeding problem with nexplanon? I am also worried bc I read with estrogen patches there is a higher chance to develop breast cancer. My mom and aunt both passed away from breast cancer within 8 months of each other in 2011 and 2012. My grandmother also had it. That really scares me. My doctor tells me nothing to worry about. I'm starting to think I need a new doctor.  If anybody has any experience with any of this please share!
i had the birth control patch and the the depo and nexplanon but really worked for me for a while was the depo but almost after a year on it the shot had me gaining weight so i got off of it but i was scared of getting the pill because i thought i was going to forget them but i went for it and got on the bc pills and instead of taking during the day was horrible for me i always would forget to take them during the day but what helped me my phone reminded me every night at 9pm to take it because taking them at night was the best for me before i went to bed so i hope it helps and if this doesn't go see a obgyn

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community