Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Opinions on IUD IMPLANT

I'm getting the Mirena implant (IUD, birth control, lists 5 years) and I was wondering if any of you had it and your opinions on it. Thanks in advance.
2 Responses
1444483 tn?1468516489
I've had the Mirena implant twice. Intercourse caused mine to move out of place both times I had the implant. It also gave me AWFUL acne on my face and I have never had that issue. I had the Implanon implanted in my arm about 6 months ago and love it. No side effects at all! Not everyone has bad side effects from the Mirena but in my experience it didn't work for me. Hope that helps.
I had the Mirena implant put in 3 weeks ago. I haven't seen too many side effects just yet but beware of the awful awful awful pain that ensues for the rest of the day. Cramps were horrific in my case.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.