Opinions on IUD IMPLANT

I'm getting the Mirena implant (IUD, birth control, lists 5 years) and I was wondering if any of you had it and your opinions on it. Thanks in advance.
I've had the Mirena implant twice. Intercourse caused mine to move out of place both times I had the implant. It also gave me AWFUL acne on my face and I have never had that issue. I had the Implanon implanted in my arm about 6 months ago and love it. No side effects at all! Not everyone has bad side effects from the Mirena but in my experience it didn't work for me. Hope that helps.
I had the Mirena implant put in 3 weeks ago. I haven't seen too many side effects just yet but beware of the awful awful awful pain that ensues for the rest of the day. Cramps were horrific in my case.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community