PLEASE HELP: Bleeding for 7 days on the pill. PCOS patient

Hi. I was taking Yaz for the first time last month, since I switched pills, and on my week of non active pills, I took a plan b. I never missed a pill, maybe delayed by a few hours on one or two times but mostly just on time. That was the first time my boyfriend came inside me so I was scared and took plan b. Not surprisingly, I didn't get my period as expected that week, im sure my hormones went crazy. I started my second pack the day I was supposed to, right after the last inactive pill of the first pack - which was last July 11. I took plan b July 6. So I knew my period wouldn't come the date it was supposed to already.

This July 20 I started spotting. I didn't take anything with it cause last month I experienced spotting too but only for a few days. But now I am a bit concerned as the flow is almost like a light period, and even until today, July 27, I have spotting / light bleeding. The blood color changes from brown to bright red to like a dark red, I am not sure if i've ever seen it pink - but I do know that when the red stays a while in your pad (sorry for too much info), it becomes brown. Right? I don't have any other symptoms - no morning sickness, breast tenderness or fatigue, none of these that are unusual for me. I also have been taking pills since I was 18, and I am now 26.

I cannot be pregnant, not yet anyway. What do you think is wrong with me? Please help. I know I am a low blood person - borderline anemic person. And I am also PCOS patient. I am not new to pills, I have been on the pill since 18 for PCOS.

PLEASE HELP.
I think it's also wise to let you all know that I am on day 16 of the second pack of pills still. I am not due to get my period for another week or so from tday, but from the time I started spotting it would be about 2 weeks away from period, if plan b hasn't messed me up so bad.
Doesn't sound like your pregnant.  More so that the plan b knocked off your cycle. I strongly advise you to talk to your obgyn about this so you can get better answers. Wish I could help.
   Good luck (:
Thank you for your answer. I don't think I am too, my PCOS situation also being a factor. I'm also scared of going to the OB since I'm in this city where pre-marital sex is highly frowned upon, could lead to so much trouble. lol
I've had PCOS and endometriosis since I was 15 and now at 28 I'm pregnant so it is still possible! However, I agree with the previous poster. I took plan b once close to my start date and it screwed my cycle all up so that's most likely all it is.
There might not be anything wrong with you at all. I switched to a different birth control a few years ago after being on various pills for 5 years. I ended up bleeding off and on for an entire month. I went to the doctor and he said it was normal. I also took plan b before and for the next 2 months had a period every 2 weeks, each a week long. Again called my doctor and everything was normal. If you're really worried call your doctor and he can check you out.
Thank you so much! I'm just not ready to get pregnant yet that's why I think I labelled all the factors that can stop me from getting pregnant. Thanks for the reassurance!

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community