Period/IUD

I have had my IUD in place since May of 2010 after my 3rd son was born. I have got in my AF every month, which I thought was a little different because I had, had an IUD before after my 1st son was born (back in 2005) and my periods stoped right away. Well here was are, almost in OCT. and my AF has yet to came this month. I dont keep track on my periods like I should but It usually start around the 23rd give or take. I did test on thr 27th and it was a BFN. I have been having sym. but I always have pregnancy sym. : /

Is this normal for my AF to just stop like this? I mean I dont think it should be this late?
It's normal for cycles to change after having children and also for them to change after beginning a new birth control. It may have been that you were having break through bleeding for the first several months and now the bleeding has stopped as your body has gotten used to the IUD, along with other possible reasons. Though if you are nervous about it, see your doctor for a blood test to see if you are pregnant or not. It's very unlikely to get pregnant with an IUD, unless it has slipped or fallen out, so you can see your doctor to make sure everything is going as it should.
Thanks AF showed up today :)

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community