Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Pill? Patch? or Condom?

I'm pregnant at the moment, due end of the month but I've been stressing about getting on birth control after I have the baby. This is my 2nd baby, and I do not want anymore! (right now anyway, I've got a 10 month old and a newborn coming, my hands are full.) I feel to young to get my tubes tied, i'm only 20, I think you gotta be 21 to tie your tubes anyway.
Me and my husband are discussing my options, in the end I know its my choice about what I wanna do but as it is, He doesn't want me on anything and says he'll use condoms, I however am scared I'll get pregnant again and am considering some form of birth control. I don't really like the mood swings and weight gain either, if I wasn't having sex constantly I'd say no to it all together. I'm not even gonna consider the depot shot (may be spelled wrong) I've heard one to many lovely stories, I tried the pill once for one week, and my boobs were so ridiculously tender I bawled for days. I'm on the fence I don't know what to do, I can't handle another 9 months of being pregnant. I can't do it. The babys are fine its the pregnant I can't stand, the pain the pressure the emotional rollacoaster, I dont know what to do.

Should I try the pill again?
Does the patch work pretty good?
or if I stick with condoms will I be ok?

No insertions either. If it matters I had a overactive thyroid, thats been fixed, so as of now its normal, but i'm also afraid that any form of birth control may throw my thyroid outta wack. Is that possible?? Any input would be great!?
I also had 2 children before I was 21.  After I had my son I chose to have the Mirena IUD put in.  It was amazing. 5 years of not having to worry about getting pregnant by missing pills or the condom breaking.  I have no experience with the patches.  But there are risks with the IUD and also with other types of birth control. I also just had it removed in September and was pregnant in October.  Good luck with your labor and delivery.
I am 22. I have an 11Month old baby & I'm 3months pregnant i hate b\c nothing works for me. I've talked to my dr and after my baby is born I'm having the essure procedure done!! I'm more than sure i want no more kids. 2 Kids is a perfect #. id hate to ho through pregnancy for a 3rd time n i never wana worry about it or b\c
Ya well i'm not permanently done having kids, i'd like to try for a boy later down the road.

That sounds wonderful Larissa1923. Thats what I want just something I don't have to worry about. but i'm afraid that the mirena will move or something. I think i'm really leaning towards the patch. I would like to give it a shot.
That is really the only thing you can do. Explore your options and find what works best for you. Good luck.