Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

Possibly Pregnant After Mirena but passing tissue

I am 6 months post Mirena removal as of today. I have had periods that seemed regular: 5 days, 5 days, 4 days, 2 days, 3 days, 3 days, 3 days (until they began to get shorter and shorter). I suspected pregnancy on the 4th month of a 2 day period and tested twice with both being negative results. I have had fatigue, morning sickness, back pain and severe pain and intense cramps both during my periods and between. I have also had bloating and firmness in my stomach and abdomen. I suspected implantation bleeding but never retested. I have not been using any form of birth control other than the rhythm method using an app to track my ovulation.
     This month, my period came 3 days earlier than expected. Today, on the 3rd day.. I noticed my flow became heavier as usual, but strangely felt something pass through my vagina and into the toilet. What I saw in the toilet bowl can only be described as some sort of tissue. I have no history of clotting or very heavy periods. This thing was longer than my middle finger and larger than my thumb. It appeared to almost be sac-like and it was covered in bright red blood. I'm not sure if this is a threatened miscarriage, clotted menstrual cycle, or a pregnancy.
      During my first pregnancy I didn't stop having bleeding until the 2nd trimester. (And didn't find out I was pregnant until that time either.) I'm concerned I may have a larger underlying issue and it is very difficult to see my family doctor.
1 Responses
I would still call your family doctor and try to get in.  Why didn't you ever retest for pregnancy?  It almost sounds like a threatened or already happened miscarraige.  When I miscarried my first pregnancy, I passed a few clots.  I don't know if Mirena causes these types of problems after removal though, so maybe that's part of it.  If you can't get into your family doctor, you could ask them for a referral to an OB/GYN.  They would be better to help you with pregnancy, miscarriage, or whatever is going on with your body's reproductive organs.  
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.