A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.45k Members
181789 tn?1269794404

Starting birth control and Unprotected sex

I had IUD taken out in Jan cause it was causing lots of problems for me, so dr gave me Loseasonique BC pills to start. I am nursing my 13 month old son, but only 2-3 times a day. My question is I had unprotected sex the day before I started taking my 1st pill of BC pills, is it possible I could still become pregnant?? I know it always possible to become pregnant having unprotected sex, just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this. Also that night of unprotected sex was the 1st night not nursing my son, so I went over 24 hours without nursing for the 1st time in over a year. Could that cause ovulation to begin and what happens with starting a BC pill if ovulation is occuring? Also I have not had a period since my son was born.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.