Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Stopping depo provera

I have been on the depo for 5 years and have recently stopped. My injection was due a few days ago but I did not get it. On previous occasions if I have had the injection a couple of days before it was due I would start to spot which would last about a week. So far I have not started to spot and have been feeling nauseous, is nausea a common side affect of stopping the depo or could it be something else?
I was on the depo Provera for 5 yrs and I stopped about 4 yrs. ago and the effects of comming off the shot are you'll slowly get your period back, Headaches, and weight gain or decease. If you haven't started to spot and your nauseous, maybe you are pregnant. You may want to call your doctor and make an appointment. Keep on giving me any updates and good luck.

Sincerly,
Kendra
did you experience an increase in appetite upon stopping depo?