Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Suitable contraception for PCOS and Endometriosis

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone has any experience with  contraception that suited them and they have PCOS and Endometriosis. Im currently trying to get pregnant  so i am wanting to think about my options for after i have my last child.

Im not currently pregnant but just trying to gain as much info as possible.

So i have been on the following pills:

Levlen, loette, diane, yazmin, estelle and the mini pill. For each of them they haven't worked one way or an other. i had problems with acne and hairiness hence different pills, and i experienced depression and moodiness on different pills.

Nuvaring ( I got continuous uti infections from having this inside me)

Implanon- no sex drive at all ( relationship issues due to that)

Depo provera injection worked for me was happy with this but I'm not sure its suitable to my above conditions.

My fertility specialist advised that i could go on the morena, and I've heard nothing but bad news re this contraception and considering the nuvaring didn't want I'm not even wanting to consider this option.

My thoughts are hysterectomy? Im 25yrs old and think the dr's won't allow this. We won't be able to have a family of three finically its just not possible and i would be happy with two. My main thing is my body feels different off contraception, i feel happier in myself and don't really want to be on contraception because of how moody it can make me.

Can any1 give me another option other than condoms. Thats just not an option for us, we wouldn't have a love life.

Thanks in Advance

I have mirena and I think it's great. Don't believe all of the negative stuff you read about it.  There is a disproportionate number of negative reviews online because people don't typically go out of their way to look for a message board when they aren't having issues to praise the type of birth control they picked. Message boards are flooded with people who have problems and are looking for advice. There are even more people than that who don't post able stuff because they are not having any problems so they feel there's no need to post. Every woman who I've met offline that has Mirena had only had good things to say about it. It's only people online who complain about it.

Anyway, I'm on my third Mirena and I'm not planning to use any other bc option ever again because this one is the best one that has helped me with my heavy periods and reduced them to nothing more than spotting. Nothing else I've tried has worked for me except this and that's why I'm sticking with it.
Hi Marie I'm on Mirena too and it's way better than birth control pills. I was on Loloestrin & it made me have terrible mood swings along with weight gain. I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year & my dr says Mirena is recommended for Endo I chose the BC pill because back in the day I took bc pills with no problems or regrets. Please don't get a hysterectomy there is no cure for Endometriosis but it can be managed I have 2 boys now & they were difficult to conceive but I would had never sought after hysterectomy as a solution I hope the Dr isn't telling you otherwise. After suffering for years I now know why I suffered painful periods. My advise is to give Mirena a chance. Good luck