Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Switching from medroxynprogestrone to birth control

Hi, my wife has been taking Medroxyprogesterone(10mg 3xday) for the past 7days, and has(in the past four days)switched to Sprintec birth control pills as ordered by her Doctor. Is it safe for us to have sex now(as far as pregnancy goes)?
The efficacy of the birth control takes atleast 7 days to get established. You should use additional contraception like a condom for atleast 1 week-10 days since your wife has switched over the birth control only 4 days back.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you!