Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Tri-Nessa/missed pill

I have been on Tri-nessa for several years (and some form of the pill for over 20 years). In my last pack, I took the last active pill (before the sugar pills) and very shortly after I vomited. As expected, I got my period a day earlier than usual. My question is, do I have to take Tri-nessa for one full cycle for me to be protected from pregnancy again?
I had that happen to me and I called my doctor immediately after. She said it was okay because I wasn't in my first pack of pills and it wasn't the first week of the pack. You just might get your period a day earlier than usual.