Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Unprotected sex day after ovulation, will the Morning After Pill work?

Hi guys,
Just looking for some advise. I have very regular periods (to the day!) and i track these and my fertile days, using a reliable app on my phone. I started my period on the 11th July and ovulated on the 24th. I know i ovulated as it's the same every month, i can feel it, cramps, mucus etc. I had sex with my boyfriend on the 25th, and the condom broke. Basically there was zero protection. This was around 11pm. I took the morning after pill the next day around 5pm. It was just one pill, from the chemist.

I've seen that apparently the MAP isnt effective if you are in your fertile days when the unprotected sex happened.
Today is the 29th and i am feeling gassy, and have a strange feeling in my stomach, though this may be because i', thinking about this so much!

Any advise would be appreciated!

P.S, thought i'd add that a few years ago i accidentally got pregnant whilst living overseas, and had no symtopms of pregnancy, sickness etc. Only realised at around 4 weeks pregnant. I terminated the pregnancy, and felt awful about it.

Thank you. :)

This discussion is related to Morning After Pill Efficiency.
You can start feeling "symptoms" if you focus on it.  I don't think you'd be feeling real symptoms this soon after.  You did all you could to prevent pregnancy.  Now you can only wait and see.  Keep in mind the morning after pill can cause an early, different, or delayed period.

Best of luck!
Thanks for your reply!

I'll let you know how it goes! :)