Birth Control (Contraception) Community

What is a good birth control method for someone with bipolar disorder with psychotic features?

What is a good birth control method for someone with bipolar disorder with psychotic features? My wife recently stopped taking Depo Provera, which I believe may have contributed to yet another psychotic episode->hospitalization. We don't want any kind of permanent solution (e.g. tubal ligation), but we need a reliable method and one that won't destabilize her once we decide to have a baby. Also, if anyone has any advice about how to handle a pregnancy when the mother has BP, that would be helpful.

Thanks to all that reply
I feel like I'm looking in the mirror.... I'm also looking for a good birth control method that doesn't clash with my BP... I'm hoping to see my GP tomorrow so if I find anything out I will re-post :)

as for pregnancies, from what my co-workers are telling me, I would have to stop all of my meds before trying to become pregnant and throughout the pregnancy... one woman told me she had to stay with her parents because her husband couldn't handle her mood swings... he loved her but couldn't tolerate her off the meds (this scares me, but love can conquer a lot, right?)

either way, the best person to talk to is her Pdoc and/or GP
Anything that does not involve hormones. Maybe a copper coil IUD?