Birth Control (Contraception) Community

What type of birth control is the best?

My name is Shay and im pregnant with my second child. I never been on birth control because ive heard so many negative side effects but after finding out about my second pregnancy i need some type of birth control that is effective, has less side effects and would be the best choice.
It all depends on the woman.  You can talk with your gynocologist to find out what she thinks will work best for you.

I hear a ton of horror stories about the Depo shot, and even one of my teachers commented you have to have just the right make-up for it.

I take the pill to great success and no side effects (when I had some start at random, I changed the time I took my pill and was fine), so if you can remember to take a pill daily at the same time daily (I set my cell phone alarm), the pill may be good for you.

A couple of my friends have the Mirena (an IUD) and love it.

Like I said, it just depends on you and your needs.  Talk to your gynocologist about what you're afraid of as far as side effects and she'll help you come to a conclusion that's right.