Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Wierd period Cycle...

This is my first time asking a question on here... So I'm sorry if I stuff it up in anyway (:
Last month I had horrible cramping about 4 days before my period. Note: I have been using the pill the skip my period as I had some big events coming up. I have NEVER had that type of pain during my menstrual cycle, and I've been regularly having my period since I was about 9. This cramping continued until half way through my period, three days in, and my period went for far longer then it normally does (3-4 days, I had it for nearly 7 days). It was a dark, disgusting colour aswell. I went to the doctor, and he just put it down to irregularity.
But this month, I have decided not to skip my period again, and this is the third day it hasn't arrived. I have had severe heartburn, weird stomach pains, wierd cravings, overly emotional and my sleep patterns are all up in the air. I have been pretty stressed out aswell, and I'm hoping it's just that. But could there be a possibility that I am pregnant? Or possibility of anything else? I would be so greatful for some answers, thanks.
If you have had sex, you may be pregnant. If so, take a home pregnancy test to find out, as symptoms are unreliable to go off of. It could be caused by stress, but it's a good idea to check pregnancy off the list of possibilities if you have had sex.