A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members
1703607 tn?1307408945

Wierd period Cycle...

This is my first time asking a question on here... So I'm sorry if I stuff it up in anyway (:
Last month I had horrible cramping about 4 days before my period. Note: I have been using the pill the skip my period as I had some big events coming up. I have NEVER had that type of pain during my menstrual cycle, and I've been regularly having my period since I was about 9. This cramping continued until half way through my period, three days in, and my period went for far longer then it normally does (3-4 days, I had it for nearly 7 days). It was a dark, disgusting colour aswell. I went to the doctor, and he just put it down to irregularity.
But this month, I have decided not to skip my period again, and this is the third day it hasn't arrived. I have had severe heartburn, weird stomach pains, wierd cravings, overly emotional and my sleep patterns are all up in the air. I have been pretty stressed out aswell, and I'm hoping it's just that. But could there be a possibility that I am pregnant? Or possibility of anything else? I would be so greatful for some answers, thanks.
1 Responses
If you have had sex, you may be pregnant. If so, take a home pregnancy test to find out, as symptoms are unreliable to go off of. It could be caused by stress, but it's a good idea to check pregnancy off the list of possibilities if you have had sex.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.