A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members
1116122 tn?1268500394

Yasmin/Ocella and New Options?

Hi,

Sorry if this is posting in the wrong place, but I could not figure out how to write my own question in a forum.  My question has to do with the birth control I am currently taking- Ocella.  Two months ago my gallbladder had to be unexpectedly removed because I was having 3-4 gallbladder attacks per day, despite no real change in diet or atmosphere.  Having watched recent news regarding Yasmin and Ocella, I have heard that gallbladder complications are one of the handful of issues that have cropped up on the Ocella pill, and I'd like to switch to a new birth control as soon as possible in order to be on a safer pill.  My biggest issue, however, is that I suffer from anxiety and depression and was put on Ocella in the first place to ease the awful mood swings that worsened when I was taking other birth controls.  I have been on Ortho-Trycyclen-Lo, Necon 1/35, and Ocella.  What options can I look into with my gynecologist that may be right for me?  I intend to have children in the future, but now is simply not the time with a new job and a wedding on the way.

Please help.

Many Thanks,
Mystic

This discussion is related to yasmin pill.
1 Responses
Try something non hormonal. Like a Copper IUD. Also Yaz is good for those who suffer from PMDD.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.