Birth Control (Contraception) Community

Yasmin/Ocella and New Options?

Sorry if this is posting in the wrong place, but I could not figure out how to write my own question in a forum.  My question has to do with the birth control I am currently taking- Ocella.  Two months ago my gallbladder had to be unexpectedly removed because I was having 3-4 gallbladder attacks per day, despite no real change in diet or atmosphere.  Having watched recent news regarding Yasmin and Ocella, I have heard that gallbladder complications are one of the handful of issues that have cropped up on the Ocella pill, and I'd like to switch to a new birth control as soon as possible in order to be on a safer pill.  My biggest issue, however, is that I suffer from anxiety and depression and was put on Ocella in the first place to ease the awful mood swings that worsened when I was taking other birth controls.  I have been on Ortho-Trycyclen-Lo, Necon 1/35, and Ocella.  What options can I look into with my gynecologist that may be right for me?  I intend to have children in the future, but now is simply not the time with a new job and a wedding on the way.

Please help.

Many Thanks,
Mystic

This discussion is related to yasmin pill.
Try something non hormonal. Like a Copper IUD. Also Yaz is good for those who suffer from PMDD.